See, this is what happens when I don’t keep up with things. Suzi tagged me for the Seven Things meme, and I almost missed it. So, here it is.
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Possibly have another child.
2. Go visit NYC and the NJ town I grew up in, hopefully with my family.
3. Plow through my 5 1/2 fleeces.
4. Travel around the world.
5. Learn to not just solder, but solder beautifully (as in making pretty-looking solder joints).
6. Finish my theremin kit.
7. Work on an archaelogical dig.
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
2. Spin cotton.
3. Sail a boat.
4. Walk up to a random person and say hello (well, not cannot, but it’s difficult).
5. Sit still for longer than 10 minutes.
6. Use a wood lathe.
7. Grow certain herbs from seed, like rosemary. I always get it up to a point, and then it just dies.
Seven Things That Attract Me To My Spousal Unit:
1. His sense of humor.
2. His music collection. Seriously, that’s what I first noticed about him.
3. His incredible patience with our daughter.
4. His eyes.
5. His willingness to be silly, even in public.
6. His refusal to give up things that he loves, even when most people don’t understand them/don’t think they’re cool or interesting.
7. Yes, his sense of humor.
Seven Books I Love:
1. Good Omens – Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
2. The Alienist – Caleb Carr
3. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
4. American Gods – Neil Gaiman
5. The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe – E.A. Poe
6. A People’s History of the United States – Howard Zinn
7. Secret Thoughts of an Adoptive Mother – Jana Wolff
Seven Things I Say:
1. Oh good.
2. Hey, put that down!
3. No, no. Take your fingers out of your nose.
4. Sweetheart, take your hands out of your mouth.
5. Aw, fsck.
6. Have you seen my keys?
7. Come on honey, time to brush your teeth/get dressed/go. (actually, said at least 6 times a day)
Seven Movies I’ve Loved :
1. Rocky Horror Picture Show
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Forbidden Planet
5. Nosferatu (silent, B&W version)
6. The Mummy (Karloff version)
7. Duck Soup
Seven lovely ladies I’m gonna tag:
Oh hell, besides being so bad at tagging to begin with, I don’t think 7 people even read this anymore. If you want to play, have at it – and let me know if you’ve played in the comments.
I might even have an actual post this week. Happy May Day/Day Without Immigrants (si, se puede) Day.