Rose Red

In a futile effort to make myself feel better after my botched dyeing job, I decided to name my latest effort Rose Red, after the Stephen King story and the fairytale character.
Rose Red
It looks slightly better in person. I think. Honestly, I have no idea what I’m going to do with this. If I could figure out a way to mix it with black, I think I could salvage it. But I’m not sure – it’ll take the right pattern and/or graphic to make it work. We’ll see.

The hardest part was teasing the top apart to pre-draft. It felted a little, but it had also matted a bit in storage. Once I found the right end to start with, things went slightly better. It’s been a quick project: I can get a bobbin’s worth of singles done in about 45 min – 1 hour. Much faster than my default yarn. It’s about 11 wpi, give or take. So far there’s roughly 200 yds. of it. I have about 6 more ounces to spin, and we’ll see how that goes.

I also have an Etsy store up. Spinning Goth banner So far there’s only a couple of skeins in there, some of my 3-ply black cross yarn. Hopefully there’ll be more soon…

Advertisements

One thought on “Rose Red

Comments are closed.