This morning, I packed up and mailed my helmet liner for the Stitch for Senate project. I had wash-blocked and dried it the day before, so all that was left to do was to wrap it, enclose a little note with who sent it and who it was for, and send it out.
Some things I was thinking about when I was doing all that this morning:
- I wonder if Sen. Salazar will see this. I hope he sees it.
- I wonder if this will make him think about the wishy-washy positions he’s taken so far.
- Yeah, right…
- It was just coincidence that I made it out of CO-grown handspun. I’m pretty damn proud of that, just the same.
- I wonder if anybody will actually use this.
- If they do, I hope it keeps them safe and brings them home quickly.
- Maybe that’s what this whole project will do…keep our troops safe and bring them home quickly.
- I’m too old to be so fscking naive.
Check the site or MicroRevolt’s ReBlog for further information, updates, and/or a piece about the show.