Well, here’s the PRGE questionnaire – and my answers:
1. Why are you punk?
Unless you count “positive punk” – and I doubt you young’un’s would know what that phrase means – I’m more Goth than punk. But…back in the day, punk was about doing things yourself; music, art, culture, and more. All without waiting for someone to approve what you were doing. In the case of music, not really bothering to wait until you knew what you were doing, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. And since I was a little kid, that kind of DIY culture was what I grew up with. So.
2. What are your five favorite things? (these don’t have to be knit related)
Reading horror, science fiction or mystery novels; dark chocolate; music, both playing and listening; and watching bad/cheesy monster movies.
3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
My first pair of socks (actually, they’re one of the first things I ever made with knitting); my Leather Pride scarf, which is my first written-down “pattern” and tells more about me than anyone needs to know; and the current thing I’m making for my daughter’s birthmom.
4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday?
Hmm…dark chocolate, but maybe not in this swap; a mix CD/tape, that tells something about the sender as well; something from where the sender lives/primarily calls home; other than that…surprises. Surprises are nice.
5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
Wow, that’s tough. I’m not sure if I have any favorites, exactly. I like seeing other people’s handspun, but other than that…I’m not crazy about all-acrylic yarn, but I can’t say that I feel strongly enough about them to dislike it. Every yarn has a purpose.
6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
Chocolate, green chile, soy-milk ice cream, dark chocolate, and Thai iced tea.
7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
Spinning when I should be doing housework 😛 , working on electronics projects (unfortunately, this has been relegated to guilty-pleasure status), and watching late-night horror movies.
8. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here?
Hmmm…I’m kind of allergic to milk/dairy products, and I love cemeteries/funeral art.