Stolen from Barb to take attention away from the post below.
1. Who was your first prom date? Um, none. I didn’t go to my prom. The only thing I ever went to that was vaguely prom-ish was in college, a music frat “formal” boozefest. Lots of fun – I can’t imagine that high school would have matched that.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? No.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Seven and 7. My family went to the wedding of my mother’s best friend’s daughter; the father of the bride was handing them out in little Dixie cups as people entered the reception hall. I think I was…15, 16 maybe?
4. What was your first job? Womaning the giant Grill-o-Matic at Burger King. I lasted 2 months.
5. What was your first car? A 197-something Oldsmobile Cutlass; aka The Finest Car $300 Could Buy. Hurrican Hugo drove a tree branch through the windshield, thus saving us from roughly $1000 of brake work. I miss that car.
6. Who was the first person to text you today? I only get texts a few times a year, evenly divided between Evil Dad and M, my daughter’s other mom.
7. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? Can’t remember. Whew.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Critten. She was awesome.
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? We flew from Pittsburgh to Boston to meet my mom’s friend from college.
10. Who was your first best friend, and are you still friends with him/her? Cheryl Edwards. It was in kindergarten or first grade, I think. We lived near an Army base, so people came and went pretty regularly, and she left after about a year. I can’t believe I still remember her name.
11. What was your first sport played? As in voluntarily? Rugby, in college. My left knee held out for about a month or so.
12. Where was your first sleepover? I think it was at a neighbor’s house when I was in high school. We all slept out in a tent – it was summer and it was hot – and we listened to the sound of deer outside until about 2 in the morning.
13. Who was the first person you talked to today? (Evil Dad).
14. Whose wedding were you in the first time? A high school classmate’s – I played flute during the ceremony.
15. What was the first thing you did this morning? Put on PJs and staggered downstairs for coffee.
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Jean-Pierre Rampal at Carnegie Hall, when I was about 10 or 11. It was the world premiere of Bolling’s Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano. Our family all went with my aunt and uncle – we went out to dinner before the concert and got home incredibly late. I felt like such a grown-up.
17. What was your first tattoo or piercing? No tats. My ears were pierced the first time when I was 23, at a shop on 8th St. in the West Village. My first non-ear piercing was one nipple, in 1997.
18. What was the first foreign country you went to? Canada, on vacation with my family.
19. What was your first run-in with the law? Got pulled over for inadvertently cutting off a cop while driving my girlfriend home after a midnight movie. The only reason I didn’t get a ticket was that the cop felt sorry for me – I totally freaked out.
20. When was your first detention? Never.
21. What was the first state you lived in? New Jersey.
22. Who was the first person to break your heart? Quaz. His idea of being “just friends” and mine were two entirely different things, and it was devastating when he broke things off.
23. Who was your first roommate? Cat, in my freshman year in college. She and her boyfriend loved me because I was gone until early o’clock during the week, and I loved them because they were always gone from 6 pm Friday until 10pm Sunday. It worked out well.
24. Where did you go on your first limo ride? See #20. I have ridden in a hearse a couple of times, though, if that counts.