So. I thought about joining the Tumblr KAL Saturday. Then I remembered all the other KALs I’ve “participated” in and decided against it. But casting on for something sounded like a good idea at the time.
I cast on Bound by the Beauty when I woke up Saturday morning. I finished that afternoon. After looking at it for about an hour, I ripped it all out. Just didn’t look right, especially the Trinity stitch part. It is a good pattern for bulky handspun. Maybe if I changed the needle size it wouldn’t be so horrific to do the Trinity stitch.
Yesterday, I gave it another shot. Which I most likely will undo again, but I’m not waiting until it’s all finished this time.
I also am halfway through the I-cord edging on Margaret. Light at the end of the humongous, snow-packed tunnel! W00t! Now I need to figure out what to put on the bodice. I’d like to do something with the cuffs too…Maybe there’s a crocheted edging in one of Grandma’s books that I could use. When the edging is finally finished, I’m definitely posting a pre-finishing picture because this edging has been a bitch. It does, however, make a nicer finish than a button band.
When I looked at Ravelry just now, I noticed that I have a depressing number of WIPs that are almost finished, but not actually finished. That needs to be remedied this year. We’ll see how that goes.